Saturday, April 1, 2023

I wrote a novel

initial sketch created in 2011 for a graphic novel
(click on the image for a HI-rez view)

I wrote a novel!

I never imagined I would say that, but I’m saying it now. The plan is to have it available by mid-May. 

Twelve years ago I had an idea to do a comic book (graphic novel might be the better term). I was pretty excited about it at the time. I wrote up a treatment, did some preliminary sketches, and then gave up. I put the thing on a shelf and forgot about it. Six years later I found the outline and reread it, and I thought write it up as a tidy little novella. I’d already published my first two owl books and figured, “How hard could it be?”

Well, that was five years, and a lot of lonely hours ago. The book should be right around 300 pages, and the title is The Unseen.

Also, I'll be creating an audio book, reading the thing myself, but I have no idea when that might be available.

Right now I’m working with a few close friends trying to tidy up the text, and that’s coming along nicely.

I plan on doing a set of youtube videos to promote the book. The thing is, this book evolved in a tumbling cloud synchronistic magic. I'm cautious to just blurt it out like that, but I don’t any other way to say it. 

I don't want to say too much right now, but I can say this:

It’s a book about UFOs where I never use the word UFO.

It’s about abduction, and I never use that word.

And, it’s about aliens, and I never use that word either.

__________________________________________

This from the opening of my upcoming novel

2 comments:

BrianCShort said...

For what it's worth, I'm really happy you did this.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Can’t wait!