Monday, May 14, 2012

Audio conversation with Barbara Lamb

There is a very curious pattern within the UFO abduction research community, more than a few of these dedicated researchers are also UFO abductees themselves. Barbara Lamb is both, she has had her own contact experiences as well as over 20 years of active research as a therapist.

I attempted a hypnosis session with Barbara in 2009. Alas, nothing happened, i was simply too freaked-out to relax in any meaningful way. But, I did have the chance to sit with her and see her in the role of therapist. There is something gentle and calming about her, and I find that so important. I sought her out for for help with my own challenging experiences, and she is very sensitive and giving.

two hours and 10 minutes

Barbara is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, certified Hypnotherapist and Regression Therapist. She maintains a psychotherapy practice in Claremont, California.

Barbara has also written two books. One is on the mysteries of the abduction lore; ALIEN EXPERIENCES with co-author Nadine Lalich. The other is CROP CIRCLES REVEALED with co-author Judith Moore.

She has two websites, one for her therapist work, and the other for her on-going abduction research.

Kerry Cassidy did an audio interview with Barbara that I can recommend. She shares a series of extremely intense experiences HERE.
_______________________________________________

6 comments:

Trish said...

More books to buy. I always learn something here. Will be back to listen to this interview!

Bright Garlick said...

Weird synchronicity Mike - I was thinking about Barbera Lamb these last couple of days - wondering about her own experience with a so called Reptilian being and her work with abductees/experiencers and lo and behold - you have done an interview with her. I'm looking forward to listening to this ! Thanks !!!

Red Pill Junkie said...

Re. Meier, it's interesting to view his Oh-so controversial case as useful from the perspective of a triggering mechanism for some people. As I type this, I'm realizing that's exactly what happened to me when I was a kid, when I watched a Mexican TV program showing his photos. I was hooked for life :)

There's also something else I wanted to explore, and that's about what one might call 'Activation dates.' From what I gather, the time when you started to compulsively read UFO books was 1991. I wonder if that year will get repeated with other people.

And one final thing: Barbara's speculation that the medical procedures are actually medical check-ups to ascertain the abductee's health. I would very much like to know Lucretia's take on this, seeing how she seems to suffer from several chronic illnesses, which may or may not be related with her ongoing experiences.

Mike Clelland! said...

Reply to RPJ:
----------

Yes, the Billy Meir thing is a can of worms. On some level, i suspect SOMETHING more has happened in his life. I can say that MOST of his images are total hoaxes. But, my gut says that it's more complicated than just a simple charlatan.

I think I made it clear that I very much like Barbara, but there are some points where I don't agree on her conclusions.

That said, she is a really dedicated worker in this weird little pool.

I want to do a follow up interview with Elaine Douglas, who has quite a contradictory set of conclusions to Barbara. That said, I don't agree with some of Elaine's conclusions.

(this stuff is so strange)

Mike C!

Bright Garlick said...

RPJ - activation dates is a curious idea. For me the strongest urge started from 89-91, although I was interested all through the 80's. Communion and Vallee's books seem to have been a trigger.

Red Pill Junkie said...

@ Bright:

I know what you mean. I've been interested in UFOs since I can remember, but my interested receive a major boost in 1991. On July 19th 1991, during the total solar eclipse that was observed through a large part of the Mexican territory, a stationary metallic-looking object was observed over Mexico city --alas, I didn't witness it-- and that sighting marked the beginning of the Mexican UFO flap.

The rest is history :)