Thursday, August 22, 2013

Have you ever had an odd experience with owls?

Mythic messenger

This is a a call for owl stories. If you, or anyone you know, has had an unusual experience with an owl, I would be honored to hear about it. Please contact me at the link below.

I'm writing a book. Just a little over a month ago I posted a long format essay titled Owls and the UFO Abductee, and much of the initial feedback was, this needs be a book. That was exactly what I was feeling as I was writing it. That essay has been the foundation of the book project.

I have been receiving stories from readers where they share their owl experiences. There is an odd pattern to these reports, there is a consistency of mood. It's hard to go beyond that.

I've been collecting these stories, trying to write some of them up and working with the witnesses to make sure they are accurate. I am not concerned if these stories relate to the UFO phenomenon, this seems less important as I proceed forward. I foresee this eventual book project as a resource for exploring the elusive meaning of these experiences.

Contact me through this email address:
hiddenexperience (the at symbol) me (dot) com
___________________________________________________________

5 comments:

Red Pill Junkie said...

What title are you thinking on using? 'Owls & the UFO Abductee' should be left as a subtitle IMO

Brizdaz (Darren) said...

I have not had any owl experiences,I tend to have them with other birds,such as crows,magpies,parrots and Kingfishers,but a guy who's work has dovetailed into my life somewhat and certainly influenced me is Scott Alexander-King.

http://www.animaldreaming.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&product_id=72&flypage=vmj_naru.tpl&pop=0&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

His power animal is Owl and he does shamanic type courses involving owls.I don't know if he has had any UFO experiences though,but if you watch the You Tube of his on his site in the link above he does talk about "they" picking him and he doesn't know who "they" are.

Anyway,I thought you might find this guy worth looking into if you're into the owl angle.I don't know Scott personally,but I did spend an afternoon in one of his talks that I felt guided to attend at a Body,Mind and Spirit Festival in Brisbane about a month ago,and he seems quite genuine to me.He certainly speaks from the heart.I also ran into him about 2 years ago at the Byron Bay Writer's Festival when I went down to see James Redfield (Celestine Prophesy)speak (but James cancelled because he had just been bitten by a spider in the USA and was told by his doctor not to fly) which weirdly led me to a whole host of authors who I would never have gone down to see,because I had already bought my ticket to see James,before he pulled out.So really Redfield was responsible for me running across Scott Alexander-King by sucking me in to buy a ticket to see James at the BBWF.Talk about synchronicity.

Trish said...

I remember that story, Daz. It's a good one.

Mike- the book sounds fascinating.

Brizdaz (Darren) said...

Thanks Trish.
Always nice to get some positive feedback on comments left here.

Dennis/87 said...

I am blessed by many owls. The tall Cottonwoods and Firs house at least 4 owl families. I often muse about their otherworldly aspects as they hoot day and night. I suspect they feast on baby cats that one neighbor, the man with 3 fingers, feeds with food stamps. I had a fox eating my cat's (Bob Cat Baby) food, so I set up a trap. I caught the fox, one raccoon and three cats. I let them go way up-river of me. It is a great place to live. Hoot Hoo. Respectfully, Dennis.