Tuesday, June 29, 2010

more synchro-groovyness


I just did a short audio interview with Whitley Strieber about Mac Tonnies and his book THE CRYPTOTERRESTRIALS. It was a very nice chance to praised my friend.

At one point mid-way thru the interview, Whitley included a short audio clip from a radio interview with Mac done shortly before he died.. During the time that the clip was playing, I sat silently with my finger on a very relevant point in Mac's book. It was on page 25, and it is an open challenge to the UFO research community. I was planning to read this short excerpt aloud after the audio clip ended.

But - When Whitley spoke again, he immediately said: "And here is something from Mac's book..."

Where upon he read the EXACT quote that was under my index finger! A delightfully appropriate bit of synchro-groovyness!

Here is the quote:

"Am I a ufologist? I don't know. Maybe. If I am, I should probably qualify the 'U' word with 'theoretical.' There are theoretical physicists and literary theorists; why not theoretical ufologists?

The ufological 'community' suffers from creative anemia. It has a disheartening tendency to refute dissenting voices – even those within its own ranks – with tired screeds that unnecessarily polarize the debate..."


And here is the audio clip used on the interview:

2 comments:

Trish and Rob MacGregor said...

Oh, love this one!

Red Pill Junkie said...

Guess what book I'm reading right now?

And guess which chapter I was just reading a few hours ago? ;)