Wednesday, March 4, 2009

waking to the sound of crying

This goes back a while, to sometime in 2000.

I had a girlfriend Carol (not her real name) and I cared about her very much. She lived in the same town just a few miles away.

I was at my house, alone, and I woke with a start to hear Carol crying, it was just a brief moment, but it was unmistakably her. I looked at the clock, and it was about 5:AM. I sort of dismissed it and went back to sleep.

Later, mid-day, Carol called me on the phone to check in and chat.

At the end of the call I asked, "Carol, I know this is an odd question, but were you crying this morning at 5'o'clock?"

She paused, and very hesitantly replied, "Yes."

I explained that I woke up out of a sound sleep and distinctly heard her crying. She did NOT want to hear about anything so strange. I'll add that we NEVER talked about it again.

_________________________________________
And Carol shows up in my life (with an owl) again HERE.

No comments: