Sunday, October 19, 2014

Dolores Cannon and synchronicity

Dolores Cannon (1931 - 2014)
Yesterday morning, Dolores Cannon died peacefully in her home with her family at her side. She was 83 years old. I heard the news about her passing yesterday afternoon through a message on facebook. Later that evening, while at my desk, I heard a 'ping' from my computer meaning an email had just arrived.

It was from Katy Walker, and she wrote:
Hey Mike, have you thought about having Dolores on the show? This book is fascinating. I'm trying her technique this next week, where you bypass the fear and can recall clear memories. I'll be asking about our experiences and let you know if anything comes up. Here's the pdf version of one of her books.

Best

Katy
There was an attached PDF of The Custodians, the only book of Dolores’ that I own and have read.

As I was reading this email from Katy, my computer started 'pinging' and I watched as 19 more emails arrived in my in-box, all of them the same message from Katy. I sat there for the next couple of minutes and watched (and listened) as these duplicates arrived one after another.

image of my  email in-box with 20 repeated messages
- click on image for a HI-Rez view -
I replied telling Katy telling the sad news, that Dolores had died this morning. And also telling her that I was am being flooded with her repeating message into my in box. She replied to me this morning saying: "Sorry about that, it's bizarre, I was just trying to send one email, very strange, not sure how that happened..."

It was just two days ago that I cleaned up a short essay about Delores for my owl book. In her book The Custodians, she describes seeing an impossibly large owl in the road near her home in Arkansas (see this excerpt BELOW).

Katy is also featured in this owl book, she was part of a film crew that caught a UFO on video while shooting images of owls for a documentary on synchronicity. So, two people are connected with this odd event (well, three if you include me). All of us are featured in the owl book project, and this flurry of twenty repeated messages about Dolores Cannon arrived on the day of her passing.
~ More on Katy's UFO and owl experience HERE.
~ More on Dolores Cannon HERE.

 to read about Dolores' owl experience, click on the link below 
______________________________________________________________

NOTE: This is an excerpt of a book-in-progress. This will be part of the screen memory chapter. What is posted below is slightly longer than the version that will appear in the final book. Please do not duplicate any of this essay without permission from the author.
 
Dolores Cannon and a huge owl

Author, hypnotherapist and researcher Dolores Cannon wrote about an unusual owl sighting in her 1999 book The Custodians. She has no good answer if what she experienced was a projected screen memory orchestrated by alien beings or if she was, in fact, seeing a real owl.

She was driving home from a meeting of colleagues where they had been discussing metaphysical matters. This would have been late at night, well after midnight and sometime during the winter of 1988. She lives on an isolated forest-covered hilltop in the Ozark mountains of Arkansas. She had just driven past her nearest neighbor’s gate, over a mile away from her home, when she saw a huge owl standing in the middle of the road. She writes:

I drove right up to it and it wouldn't move. It just kept standing there, apparently mesmerized by my headlights. It’s head was even with the top of the fender, so I could see its huge unblinking eyes quite clearly. I honked and came closer to it. I didn't want to hurt it, just to make it move out of the road. It then turned and flew very low to the ground with a large wingspan, and alighted just out of the range of my headlights. Once again I approached it and it wouldn't move until I got right up to it. Then it would fly a short distance again, alight and turn to face the car. 

This continued all the way to my gate. It would stop at various places in front of my car, and just stare unblinking at me. Each time it took several seconds to make it move. I laughed because it seemed very peculiar. I was not afraid of it. I kept talking to it, asking it to please move because I didn't want to run over it. I could have several times, because it would not budge until I came right up to it, and honked. This slowed me down considerably as it stopped and then flew low to the ground a short distance and landed again. Finally the last time it flew to the other side of the entrance to my driveway and just stood there while I turned in.

When she got home she told her son-in-law about this huge owl, large enough so that it could be seen staring at her over the hood of her car when she was up close to it. Because of it’s strange behavior, she wondered if this could have been some sort of screen memory of an owl, but didn’t seem to fit with how she felt in the moment. She never experienced any fear, only amusement. She checked the clocks when she got home that night and there was no missing time. 

Years later, in 1996, the strangeness of this event came rushing back with a tinge of apprehension. Ms. Cannon had just completed a lecture tour in Scotland and England and had a few days without any obligations. She made use of her free time by visiting the Natural History Museum in London.

Museums and libraries are my favorite places. I wandered... from the main hall, where the giant reconstruction of a dinosaur stands, to the side rooms where every species of animal is preserved in cases. It was in the bird room where I was taken off guard. In one case all the species of owls were displayed. What shocked me and sent chills down my spine, was that none of them were as large as the one I saw on the deserted road years before. None of these could have been seen over the fender of my car. 

As I stared at them in wonder and perplexity questions flooded into my mind. What did I really see that night in the road? Did I have a similar experience to the ones I was investigating? Did something else happen that night? I never thought so at the time, and just considered it a curiosity. But now I know that if something did occur it was a gentle and easy preparation for the work I do, and it was definitely not to be feared. I am not saying this was an example of contact with alien beings. I am just saying that it bears an uncanny resemblance to the cases I have since investigated.

* footnote: page 40 - 42, Dolores Cannon, The Custodians. Ozark Mountain Publishers, 1999

This story involves a hypnotherapist who was actively involved in psychic investigations, but she had only just started to make a change in the direction of her research, moving towards the UFO phenomenon. It was shortly after the event on the lonely road with the huge owl that she began to dig deeper and meet with witnesses who had seen and experienced UFO contact. This eventually lead to out and out communication with these alien beings through her use of hypnosis to explore past lives. She later states that the weird owl sighting seems to have been preparation for her work as an abduction researcher.

I need to add that Ms. Cannon is a somewhat controversial figure in the community of UFO researchers and experiencers. She puts forth ideas and conclusions that can make the nuts and bolts crowd cringe with dismay, and at the same time she has a devoted following of true believers. She travels the world giving presentations as well as teaching her hypnosis techniques. She certainly doesn’t look like what you would expect of a decidedly new-age spiritual teacher, she could easily be cast a the quintessential grandmother in a TV commercial for Hallmark cards. 

Her ongoing research involves taking her patients to a deep level of hypnotic trance and then guiding them through their past lives. While they are under, she will receive channeled communications from these hypnotized patients. Her patients will speak in a voice not their own, the source will say that it is a benevolent alien. Ms. Cannon will ask questions and get answers, and what gets spoken from this otherworldly sage is elaborate and fascinating. These dialogues will get cut off when the session with one patient ends, only to start up again, right where they left off when she works with her next hypnotized subject. These psychic exchanges from the great beyond have generated the core material for (at last count) 17 books.

Ms. Cannon’s description of the owl is highly unusual, both in its height and behavior. The only North American owl that even comes close to this size is the great gray. With a maximum height of 33 inches (84cm). It’s habitat is almost entirely in Alaska and Canada. So, it’s pretty much impossible that she could have encountered an owl big enough to literally look over the hood of her car, especailly down in Arkansas.

What did she actually see that night? Paranormal researchers will commonly get reports of outlandishly strange animals; eight foot tall Sasquatch, huge lake creatures like the Loch Ness Monster and even Pterodactyls in flight! More believable are the sightings of unusually huge black dogs that are seen in places that have had a history of paranormal events. Great big black pumas are commonly reported in the British Isles, this is a cat that is certainly not native to those regions, and when investigated there is no evidence of any escaped exotic pets or big cats missing from zoos. The file cabinets of the paranormal investigators are full of  unusual animal sightings that should be impossible, but they are continually reported none the less.



Also of note, my friend Natascha studied past life regression with Dolores Cannon and our night of terror in the tent happened in Dolores Colorado, both written as Dolores C.
_____________________________________________________

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Extremely interesting. It would be fascinating to have her hypnotism sessions turned into audios, although patient confidentiality would then be compromised I suppose. Will look into her books. Thank you for the post.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I dreamt about an owl last night, I was on-board a space ship at the time! The owl was very wonderful I remember that, the driver of the ship was my cosmic Christ xx I looked up the symbolism on Google and found your site with the above post. Life is amazing xx
Thank you!

Red Pill Junkie said...

Descanse en Paz

Anonymous said...

Can I get anyones opinion on Dolores Cannon re that her books mention that she was told she would be alive to see the help come to the earth.. but she died.. so any thoughts on this now? I love her books!!! But Im a bit perplexed by this fact.

Sonia Devi Noir said...

Help is here... We have to listen

Chicago kid said...

She may be here in spirit form or come in a new body?

Unknown said...

I've been very curious about past life regression. I guess my curiosity has led me here.

Unknown said...

I've been very curious about past life regression. I guess my curiosity has led me here.

Steve Filkins said...

It is interesting to note that there is some movie out that has as its focus owl appearances, and very brazen ones. And then there appears more phenomena of fear immediately afterwards. I don't remember where I saw this, but it was just recently. It was as if cabal members were visiting in the form of an owl. So when I read the story Dolores conveys it is interesting to sort of link the two. It is a good thing that Dolores was good-natured and even talked to the owl. I believe she lived in a high enough vibration not to have been truly bothered by such an event to her advantage.

Anonymous said...

Its the owlman that has been encountered in england or you could say it was basically a rare huge owl. Owls dont have a taste for humans even as big as that one and Dolores sensed that it means no harm. It was just hanging out like owls do. But what did you expect that owl to do? It cant rest over a tree branch it will break. Theres a video about the owlman in youtube where James Douglas Cottrell did a reading on the mystery of the owlman, the uploader of that video is rammsteinregeln. Check it out.

Anonymous said...

HI
A similar thing happened to me! It was night time out in the Lancaster/ Rosamond area of California, the high desert. My brother and I were driving home and we were talking about metaphysical things, mostly me really because it was new interest. As we were driving and talking we too passed an owl standing in the road, a big owl. It was a wow did you see that, kind of moment. Cool to see such a big owl. It seemed about 2-3 ft tall, dark and gray. Like in her story I later learned most owls don't grow that big especially in the desert. RA

l.c.taylor said...

No doubt, Dolores spent a lot of time in higher dimensions. When you do so, reality changes in subtle ways...ways that are different, but which are not so different that you go, "Oh, yes, We are on a higher plane, that's what this is!" unless you are aware that you have shifted at the time. More likely you will notice the changes but not attribute them to the shift. For example, one day I dropped a lot of heavy energy the night before. When I went out the next day I anticipated some kind of change. As I got on the highway after 11am I anticipated heavy traffic but there were very few cars. It was a Friday at Sam's Club which ALWAYS means huge crowds, no place to park and super long lines. It was practically deserted. I asked someone working there about it. She hadn't even noticed till I mentioned it, and that's because there aren't that many living in higher planes, but rather empty avatars. I've heard Dolores mention these people, tho I forgot what she called them, but she didn't know their purpose. Their purpose is to add continuity and place keeping for when you go to higher planes. However if I had not been aware of what was happening I would have just thought 'lucky day.' You can encounter slightly different and sometimes magical experiences on these slightly higher planes...it only makes sense that giant owls that hint that they know where you live would be there. No doubt owl's symbolic meanings figured in to her upcoming endeavors.

Anonymous said...

l.c.taylor... Delores called them backdrop. Thx for sharing your experience♡
Tracy

Monika said...

Oh Wow! You mean I'm not the only one to have seen the Puma. The paws were massive. I was driving home around 4/5am in 1995. It was still dark. (I am in West London - England btw). It wasn't fazed by me at all. I almost had brown pants.

The only logic I could explain it with, was in the 70's certain animals being kept as pets was deemed illegal. So I heard that people had released their 'big' cats out into the urban jungle.

I must go back and re-read as I got excited that others have experienced this too. By golly was it huge, I had a VW Golf at the time. It was across the road from me, but it was easily eye level with me. I remember paying attention to how thick its black coat was, the massive paws, like gigauntaur.

So glad I was led to this article.
Thank you.

Monika

Monika said...

Cont...
Sorry to ask a silly question - what is the suppostion of such sightings?

Also... it was just me and 'it' not a soul, nor car in sight.
Would welcome some thoughts on my puma sighting.
Warmest wishes Monika