Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I did it

I just added a donate button. It's just to the right in the side-bar.

This was something I wish I didn't need to do. But, I spend a lot of time on this site, and it has really impacted my other work (that means my paying work). I care deeply about this blog and the content I share. It is a labor of love.

The system is set up for anonymous donations. I have chosen to use a very simple site called WePay and avoid the excessive complications involved with PayPal.

Just so you know, I am not sure this is the right thing for me to do, it weighs a little heavy on me. I may take the button down if it feels like it isn't in line with what my heart says is okay.

And - I promise that I'll NEVER put advertisements on this site.

Peace,
Mike C
_____________________________________________________

6 comments:

Delorus said...

Mike, I couldn't get to a donate page for you. It goes to a general paypal page.
Don't feel bad, You work hard on this.
You can delete this and good luck getting the paypal page tweaked.
Delorus

Anonymous said...

I don't think anyone that publishes audio online need feel guilty for putting up a donate button. Bandwidth is bandwidth and it costs what it costs. If I had anything to spare, I'd gladly contribute. The fact that Hidden Experience is free of advertising shows your sincerity. I'm sure those you've touched, who are able, will be more then happy to contribute to ease the burden of publishing. The stories you've shared and the content you've curated are a wonderful resource. Cheers to you!

Mike Clelland! said...

Thanks for the feedback. I just revised the payment option from PayPal to a much simpler site called WePay.

I don't know what it is, but PayPal is kinda creepy.

Red Pill Junkie said...

SELL-OFF!!!!!!!11

:p

Anonymous said...

Lucretiasheart~~

I think its an excellent idea! If this was just personal experiences maybe that would be a bit much. But its not-- you have to line up interviews and then post them. That creates costs, time, and trouble for you and its entirely reasonable to allow a way for people who are appreciative to help you out when they can.

Anonymous said...

Last night while listening to one of your interviews I wondered, "How does Mike manage to get all this done by himself?" Then today I found this post, and I'll be clicking that button. All the other podcasts and radio programs I listen to are at least partly funded by subscription or donation. I'm glad to support work that I value!