Sunday, June 17, 2012

vacuuming the library carpet


I had a funny synchronicity this morning, or maybe a funny psychic flash. I was chatting with a friend I met on facebook. She is a lot younger than I am and has been dealing with some very challenging personal experiences. There is emotional stuff that is intertwined with serious health concerns.

She reminds me a lot of myself when I was that age. I went thru my own challenging emotional stuff, so my heart goes out to her.

Here is a (slightly edited) excerpt of our chat session. Mary is a pseudonym.
Mary: I just freak myself out - I feel so emotional that I can barely carry out simple tasks, let alone FIND A JOB and SUPPORT MYSELF.
Mike: You are a beautiful writer! I really and truly mean that! -And don't you dare repeat that stuff about FINDING A JOB and SUPPORTING YOURSELF!
Mary: But Mike... don't I need to able to live somewhere and be able to buy food?
Mike: Yes - but you can do anything. You can get money doing ANY kind of work. You can go in at night and vacuum the carpet at a library - and live in a tiny little dump of a house.
(This was odd, when I was typing I wanted to paint a picture of a calm and beneficial job. The imagery of someone vacuuming carpet at night in a library just popped into my mind. It seemed so peaceful and pleasant, all alone surrounded by books.)
Mary: Hm. I actually grew up vacuuming the carpet in a library. No lie. My dad was a janitor and he cleaned the library. Me and my brother would work with him in the middle of the night.
Mike: HA! Really?!?!?
Mary: Yes, I have many memories of vacuuming the library carpet.
Mike: That is funny - I was trying to pick the perfect job as an example - and that appeared very clearly in my mind.
Mary: Ha ha ha! You couldn't have chosen a better example!

_________________________________________________

3 comments:

Red Pill Junkie said...

Stop fooling yourself, Miguelito. That wasn't not synchronicity ;)

Mike Clelland! said...

Yes - that experience would more correctly be called a psychic insight.

Mike C!

Red Pill Junkie said...

You're soon gonna have to change your name, from Mike Clelland, to Mike Clellvoyant :P