Tuesday, May 23, 2023

I wrote a novel! Available NOW!

old comic books and trashy paperbacks as inspiration

I wrote a novel!

The book is now available, and the title is The Unseen.

  Amazon link HERE  

I’ll create an audiobook and read the thing myself, and this’ll happen soon. I plan on doing a set of youtube videos to promote the book, the story of writing it is as interesting as the book itself. The thing is, this book evolved in a tumbling cloud of synchronistic magic. I’m cautious to just blurt it out like that, but I don’t know any other way to say it. 

In the curious little community of paranormal researchers, I’m known as The Owl Guy. That seems fair because it’s true. If you do an online search with only “owls and UFOs,” I’m the first thing that comes up, and if you click on my site, at the top of the page, it says: “I want to hear your owl stories.”

So, for more than a decade, I’ve been receiving first-person accounts of owls, and as the years have passed, I have collected, studied, and archived a LOT of them!

These stories, and my own personal experiences, have helped shape the mood of the novel. These accounts can be weird, and the book is weird, too. But it’s also a story with a heart.

The book opens with this statement:

The story is fiction, but the emotions are real. 

I stand by that. It was written as a fast-paced thriller, full of plot twists and intrigue. Yet, beneath that, I tried to convey a deeper story. One of mystery and yearning—an exploration of the deepest aspects of reality.

Peace and strength,
Mike!



2 comments:

Brizdaz (Darren) said...

Good luck with the book Mike.
I was thinking about you while watching the Apple Plus series 'The Big Door Prize' an American comedy television series based on the book of the same name by M.O. Walsh that premiered on Apple TV+ on March 29, 2023.
The show is about a big blue machine which appears in the grocery store of a small town that is seemingly able to predict the "Life Potential" of those who consult it.
The inquirer puts a coin in the machine, and it ejects a card with usually one or two words on it to tell the person what they are most destined to do in their life.
I imagined yours being "OWL GUY".
In the show they sell blue t-shirts with white capital letters spelling out what their card had written on it.
I could see you wearing one of those with 'OWL GUY' on it :-)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your novel from a longtime follower of your blog. Just caught your interview with Chris Knowles and now can't wait to dive into your writings. I will be happy to write my personal review of your novel. You are truly blessed with a unique mystic soul.