Friday, December 23, 2022

Earth: A Love Story

 
    This is a true story.  

    I’m not going to tell it the way it happened. I don’t have a high perch where I looked down from above and watched it all play out, noting this and that, keeping track of how that thing wove into this thing and seeing clearly what it all meant.  

    No, I’m telling it the way I remember it. The way I experienced it down here, deep, deep down in and through my most intimate relationship to life. Looking out through my eyes. 
~       ~       ~

I have been listening to a haunting and beautiful story. Author and experiencer Robin Lassiter is reading her book, one chapter at a time, on a podcast series. It’s a memoir of UFO contact and all the emotional and spiritual challenges that comes with these elusive experiences. There have been other books along this line, yet her's feels so different. Robin tells her story is told in a deeply moving and personal way, and it's impossible not to feel touched.

Her book is Earth: A Love Story. I have read it, and hopefully it will be out soon. This is highly recommended, and her site with the podcast series is linked below.



________________________________________________

2 comments:

Brizdaz (Darren) said...

I've listened to the first 3 episodes available on the Apple Podcast site and I'm looking forward to the next episode.
I just like hearing people tell their story about living here on Earth, never mind whether the aliens are "real" or not.
I like how Robin dropped the first 2 podcast episodes on Apple Podcasts on December 16th, 2022, the same day Margot Robbie dropped her 'Barbie' 2001: A Space Odyssey type trailer on Arthur C. Clarke's birthday:-)
https://brizdazz.blogspot.com/2022/12/earth-love-story-launched-on-apple.html

Anonymous said...

I listened to chapter four tonight while sitting in the sauna, my favorite place in the house to seek refuge from the world of thought, and with a wind chill of 14 outside. I agree with Mike that Robin's writing is very, very different and she conveys images and feelings very clearly and deeply. Her experiences in college bore several similarities with mine. I regularly have nightmares of missing college classes and then panicking when I realize I am not prepared for final exams. Forty years later, I also have found gardening to be healing. And having lived in Santa Fe, worked in the local high desert nursery, and hiked in the surrounding desert, I enjoyed reliving her descriptions of the trees, mesas, and desert sky. I am looking forward to hearing more chapters from her book.