Saturday, June 13, 2020

opening the locker

Class of 2020
Last week Dakota graduated from high school, and because of all the virus stuff the students were let in one by one along with their parents. They did a little videotaping on the stage where the principal handed each kid their diploma. At some point soon they’ll edit it all together as one big graduation production. I was with Andrea and Dakota and we had some time so we walked around the halls of the empty school. There was a sheet of paper taped to all the senior lockers, and these were labeled with the student’s names. Dakota was walking along and signing all the pages; this was happening because there was no way to pass around yearbooks with the school closed. 


While I was walking around I thought about my own high school and my own locker. I thought to myself, “I wonder if I can remember my locker combination from my senior year.” 

The numbers 36 - 15 - 38 immediately popped into my mind. I walked up to a locker and spun those numbers on the little dial—and it opened! 

In a weird way I wasn't surprised, but at the same time, I was astounded! I sort of announced to Andrea and Dakota what I'd just done. They were both like, "Holy crap! really?”

I closed the locker, spun the dial around, re-did the combination, and it opened again. I stood for a moment and then I spun the dial but didn't do the combination, and the locker opened right up. Then I checked the lockers on both sides of it and they were locked and wouldn't open up. I rechecked the locker I’d first opened, and it was unlocked. It seemed like the lock itself was broken so it couldn’t be locked. Then I started checking all the lockers in the row and they all were locked. I didn't check all the lockers in all the halls but it seemed that I had picked the one unlocked locker to try that combination that had popped into my head.

So it wasn't any kind of psychic knowing of the combination, yet it was a weird coincidence that I would pick that one unlocked locker as a way to test my own synchro-weirdness.

I Googled the numbers 36 - 15 - 38, and it read it as a math problem with a sum of -17. I removed the little minus signs (or hypens) and tried again. This time a Bible passage came up at the top of the search, everything below that was just gobbledygook code from other sites online. Here's the Bible quote:

1 Corinthians 15:36-38 New International Version (NIV) 
36 How foolish! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. 37 When you sow, you do not plant the body that will be, but just a seed, perhaps of wheat or of something else. 38 But God gives it a body as he has determined, and to each kind of seed he gives its own body.

This is very curious, especially the line: "What you sow does not come to life unless it dies.” 

High school is a very important chapter of one's life, I know it was for me, and it certainly was for Dakota too. The way I read it is that you would need to let that chapter of your life die way in order to begin the next chapter, the new chapter—to grow from a new seed.
_________________________________________

15 comments:

Delorus said...

That is a sweet and lovely photo of the 3 of you.

Delorus said...

And a crazy story too. Another over the top oddity on a unique situation.

Chris said...

When I saw this, I thought lottery. I have had some lottery weirdness and I have some "signs" about Saturday. This is complex. Anyway, the lottery stuff started with me finding tickets on the ground in Oct 2017. The last number on the lotto ticket there was 36. Then in February I was looking into this again and did a Google search on my numbers and this turned up some strong synchroncities - BUT I typed in the last number incorrectly. I typed in 38 instead of 36. So, last while I have bought two tickets, one with the 36 and one with the 38! I have nothing on the 15 but the "new" synchronicity (about Saturday) on lottery numbers does, in a way, give me 3 "winning" numbers so maybe I will buy a ticket with those 3 and with "your" 36 15 and 38 :-) If I win, I'll put you on the payroll...

Chris said...

Drat - didn't win...

Lorna Vadez said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lorna Vadez said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Due to the fact that we recognize the significance of the safety and security as well as the safety and security so we will certainly take treatment protecting your account, you do not require to stress regarding your information as well as your account. You can purchase YouTube belows securely together with buy YouTube network clients. buy youtube subscribers india

Red Pill Junkie said...

"When you sow, you do not plant the body that will be, but just a seed, perhaps of wheat or of something else."

Perhaps an OWL seed ;)

akshpatil said...

Increased brand trust and if you're lacking buy google review and google 5-star reviews.
buy google 5 star reviews

Mihir Mane said...

Hire models freelance models, freelance artists in India, freelance singers, freelance actors, freelance makeup artists, freelance dancers, freelance PRO jobs.
modelling jobs

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
abhikhurana said...

Buy gifts for your dad, grandma, unique gifts for your grandpa . Add joy in their lives by giving them best and unique gifts. unique christmas gifts

sanjupawar said...

Find the most interesting, amazing and funny memes which are going viral across the internet. Know which is the best news. upcoming web series

georgefernandis said...

Get the best thought in hindi on inspirational, motivational, sad, love, good morning, life, funny also get best moral thought stories in hindi. motivational thoughts in hindi

sushilrathod said...

Get your hands on the best review websites in india, best gadget reviews site, best electronics products review sites, best gadget reviews site etc. best gadget reviews site