Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Companion images for audio book excerpts from Hidden Experience (on THE UNSEEN)

.
An audio reading of two chapters from my recent book Hidden Experience will be featured on THE UNSEEN. This weekly podcast is hosted by Whitley Strieber on his site, Unknown Country.

The two chapters were both heavily illustrated when they first appeared on the blog back in 2010. The images posted below are meant to accompany my spoken words on the audio book excerpts. These photos and illustrations should help the listener visualize the verbal stories.

  The companion audio podcast is linked HERE  
(Click on any image for a hi-rez view)
 _______________________________________
(the first audio excerpt)
CHAPTER 6
-
The Map

It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane. 

― Philip K. Dick

Lotsa owls in Missouri
Tuesday March 9, 2010 
Mac Tonnies' book, The Cryptoterrestrials (above) arrives in the mail. On the same day an series of amazing owl image (below) arrive in my email inbox.

14 owls in one photo

28 owls (doubled from above) in one photo

Photos by Faren Fite, over 200 owls he saw in rural Missouri. 


Video footage of the owls
_______________________________________

Byron North Dakota and Anya Briggs
Friday, March 12, 2010

The yellow line passes between Lockwood and Greenfield along US-Highway 160 in Missouri. This is the approximate location of those amazing owl photos.

Low tech tools incorporated in the detective work.

Without really thinking about it, I took a plastic ruler and set it against my computer monitor, and the three push pins line up EXACTLY in a straight line. I gotta say, this partially freaked me out, and at the same time, I sorta knew they were gonna line up before I even started.

A weird line, connecting the three dots across a BIG section of the US map. Byron in RED, Kansas City in YELLOW and those owls in BLUE.

I used some of the google-map tools to create a straight line on the map. There are 820 miles between the red push pin up North in Byron and blue push pin down in Greenfield Missouri, on the road where the owl pictures were taken, with that straight yellow line plainly bisecting Kansas City
The hometown of my pal Mac, and the yellow line passes right through the city.
.
audio download / 19 minutes long / posted March 12, 2010
The push pin making Byron North Dakota also aligns with another line
Okay, even more weirdness. A straight line (690 miles long) passes directly through BYRON ND and BYRON WY and goes straight though my house in Idaho, and I mean EXACTLY!


This pink push pin marks my cabin in rural Idaho. The blue line ends right at my home after passing (in a razor straight line) from both BYRON's.

My gut reaction to that razor sharp blue line was that it was somehow pointing directly at me! It felt like the floor dropped out from under where I sat. 

_______________________________________

Update on the yellow line on the map
Friday, March 26, 2010



Pink Pin: My cute house in Idaho
Green Pin: Byron Wyoming

Red Pin: Byron North Dakota

Yellow Pin: Kansas City Missouri

Blue Pin: The site where the guy saw over 200 owls!

Yellow Line: 835 miles long

Blue Line: 690 miles long
White Line: 995 miles long
_______________________________________

Mysterious star map?
Friday, April 9, 2010
coffee spilled on some map notes nearly drove me insane!
_______________________________________

Three days in the Pryor Mountains
December 2018
15 mils north of Byron Wyoming is the Montana border, 15 miles north of the border is the Pryor Range
The traditional home to the Little People


The lonely sagebrush landscape of the Pryor Mountains

The closest owl I have ever been to in the wild, close enough to touch. (this is a found photo, but closely matches what I saw) 
_______________________________________
Dream image with a raven
Wednesday, August 22, 2012

tidy art direction from the 1970's

I had a vivid dream just before I awoke, this happened on the morning of August 18th. I clearly saw a  graphic poster with Helvetica bold text.
_______________________________________ 

CHAPTER 8
-
The Night in the Tent

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.
—H. P. Lovecraft

Irrational fear inside our tent
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Image drawn a few days after the event


image from my sketchbook, made the morning after the event


_______________________________________
(the second audio excerpt)
Sweat lodge and a curious scratch
Saturday, July 3, 2010
Sketch book image of the very humble sweat lodge in Arizona. A simple structure made from arching re-bar, old blankets and canvas. In the foreground is a fire pit with collection of VERY hot rocks

An odd this scratch made of tiny blisters


Natascha, Howard and me (with a cat) early in the morning at the Spider Rock campground
Canyon De Chelly, The Navajo Nation, Arizona
_______________________________________

2 comments:

Anonymous said...


It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.

― Philip K. Dick

The lines on the map... Doing astrology with name asteroids where the detail of the synchronic connections can make the hair stand up on the back of your neck, would maybe be a slightly similar experience. It would be like: Something a little out of the ordinary happens, a blip on an even line- let´s say you haphazardly meet an interesting person- you put in the names of the people and places involved in a chart meshing your own and the time and place of the event. And when the little rock way out in space with your name on it, named many years ago by some unsuspecting astronomer, lands exactly on the unusual name of that person and/ or place.... it´s like you know:"What is this?? Am I crazy?? But it´s there in black and white...!" (I´m certain you know that feeling well and in a much more acute way, with your experiences,) The REALLY insane thing would be to disregard it. And it´s a continous thing, not a on-off freak occurance. Could be it´s the way the universe works? (not going into any of the mechanics of it), as one big sync the whole thing xD.
You know if all IS one, it would be natural for it all to be synchronous. And this would all show up in the linear dimensions as "crazy stuff"- because it goes against the normal rules applying here.

My feeling would be that people who are actually "crazy", with conditions like paranoid schizophrenia, senile dementia etc. have stumbled and fallen into this chaotic non-normality beacause the ability of their nervous system to uphold the "movie of ordinariness" of course has broken down to often extreme degrees. And so they are helplessly flooded with worlds crashing into their perception. Actually, the strange thing is that not all people trying to deal with matters like these, don´t just go completely round the bend... Granted, a little unusual behavior is probably to be expected as coming with the territory xD... (speaking for myself there :D).

/Mathias S

Lucretia Heart said...

It's so weird to think this was from a series of events in 2010-- 10 years ago! Isn't it interesting to go back over it now and see all the little connections and such?

I just listened to that interview we did 10 years ago and can't believe it was so long ago. You and I always promised to do another interview, and we never got around to it!

I'm going deep diving and I only have a few more memories to rough draft out in my At Spiral's End blog-- I have a therapist who is also an abductee and has been doing this for over 10 years and yeah-- I'm getting ready to finally start putting my mountains of memories together to publish, etc. Finally!