Tuesday, October 16, 2018

My memories of Bob Dean


seven minutes of Bob Dean
.
Bob Dean has died at the age of 89

I very briefly met Bob Dean in 2009. He was at the UFO Congress when it was still in Laughlin Nevada. He was quite the celebrity within that crowd so he was always surrounded by a group of people, everyone eager to talk with.

There came a point when I saw him sitting alone in the midst of the flurry of the conference. I politely approached and asked him if I could ask a few questions.

He graciously pointed to the chair next to him and I sat down. He wore an ascot and was smoking a cigar. I felt like Luke Skywalker meeting Yoda. I said I was new in this field and thought I might have had some UFO experiences and I was hoping for any advice he might offer.

He replied with that deep slow voice, "Be very careful my good man. You are standing before Pandora's Box, and once opened, it can never be closed again."

At that point I had been looking hard into my own experiences so I said something like, "Well, it's a little late for that."

I explained that I was taking my first steps into these waters. I was beginning my own research, dealing with my own memories, and it had been really confusing for me.

He told me, "Here's my advice in these matters. Keep a very open mind..." Long pause, "... and keep your bullshit meter set on high."

He was quite a radiant guy. Since then I've followed him through interviews on line. In the last few years I've noticed that he isn't shy about telling the world he was getting old and looking forward to finally going home.
________________________________________________

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Keep a very open mind..." Long pause, "... and keep your bullshit meter set on high."

Perfect advice.