Thursday, January 18, 2018

owl and fox meet


simply glorius!

A snowy owl and a red fox were caught on a security camera on January 4, 2018 in the town of Cobourg Ontario. The full video is 3:23 minutes long, and every second it amazing (at least to me).

There is something so playful about this, and that alone makes it worth watching. But one detail stood out to me, this encounter took place in front of the Greek letter Phi. I suspect is nothing more than a stylized bike rack, but the symbol has a second meaning. Phi is also used as a symbol for the golden ratio (or golden section).

Phi also represents the golden number 1.618, and this is used to create the golden rectangle. The name Phi is generally said to acknowledge Phidias, a 5th century B.C. sculptor and mathematician of ancient Greece, who created sculptures for the Parthenon and Olympus.

The owl lands and sits
 in the the shadow of Phi!

Believe me when I say I got all fixated on the curving spiral pattern left by the fox as it walked around the owl. As far as I can tell, the fox never made the true golden spiral, but it was still fun to watch.


The Golden Spiral

Any hidden meaning? Well, earlier in the day I thought about a nice guy I met in England named Phi. We chatted for a little while at a UFO conference in Leeds, and he helped explain the UK train website. I saw him two years in a row. I have no idea why he popped int my head, but this was the video I found later that same day.
____________________________________

6 comments:

Brizdaz (Darren) said...

There is a guy named Chris Mackey who is a clinical and counselling psychologist and Fellow of the Australian Psychological Society with 35 years’ psychotherapy experience who has that Phi symbol embedded in his logo because he likes it that much.
He also has a sculpture in the garden of his practice with the Phi logo at the top of the wheel.
He wrote a book called 'Synchronicity' and he does a bi-monthly radio show about synchronicity.
You can check out the shows and his logo at this link if you are interested -

https://www.synchronicityunwrapped.com.au/blog/synchronicity-on-radio

Brizdaz (Darren) said...

I had a kookaburra fly right over me and land on a lamppost opposite my driveway two days ago and I uncovered a few personal synchronistic connections with that bird and the owl in the Canadian video which I wrote about in a post I called ""Synchronicity is the face of a deeper level of inter-connectivity" Tony Vigorito".
The link is here if you are interested -

https://brizdazz.blogspot.com.au/2018/01/synchronicity-is-face-of-deeper-level.html

Cheers.

becksterc said...

Sure looks like play, at least on the fox's part. There were a few not-quite-puppy-bows and hops that certainly aren't stalking predator moves. And the owl kept its eyes on the fox and flew in the direction it had gone: wonder if they resumed off-camera?
I also wonder if anyone noticed the tracks and said "Hmmm...?"

Red Pill Junkie said...

Really cool. Thanks for sharing, Mike?

Is that a community center or what?

As for the hidden meaning... well everybody is free to reach their own conclusions. Since the fox seems to be only a pup, you could say that young curiosity is about exploring things from different angles and directions --the way the four-legged rascal did with the avian interloper-- while true wisdom is the art of remaining at the center of al things ;)

nonamae said...

Nice!

Kaelie Cochran Engelhart said...

I can’t precisely explain why, but watching that gorgeous owl choose to land where he did gave me exactly the same sense that I get when a cat chooses to sit in a significant place, or at an unusual time — that unmistakable communication from them to us. Exquisite.