Friday, December 21, 2012

Lampshades and heightened energy


Charis Melina Brown

In the final days of September of this year I went camping in the mountains with Charis Melina Brown. This whole thing came about after we did a 3-hour long audio interview. One of my strongest skills is to be taking people camping in a wilderness environment. In the outdoors, I am very pragmatic and motivated. When Charis told me that she had never been camping I realized she absolutely needed to get into the mountains and to sleep under the stars. I invited her to my home in the Rockies. Charis is very spiritual and intuitive. It seemed like a good balance of skills and talents. Our long term goal is to work as a team and create some sort of retreat with a camping component.

Our first meeting was late at night at the curb of the Idaho Falls airport. She arrived late, and we were both pretty chatty during the drive to my house. Lots to talk about and lots to share. When we got to my house, we were still in a rapid fire chat-mode.

Everything was calm and quiet. She was on one chair I was in another. Charis said something about alien abduction (I can't remember exactly what it was) but there was suddenly a defined audible tap that came from the lampshade behind Charis.

We both fell silent and she turned around to see what it was, and from where I sat I had a direct view of the lamp next to my couch.

I dismissed it saying,
"Oh that was just a moth bumping into the lampshade."

We started talking again, and then we both realized there wasn't any moth in the room, and the noise was too loud for that explanation.

During this time she said she was seeing sparkles and flashes in the room. I wasn't seeing anything, but I did sense a heightened energy of some sort.

dream image of a glowing orange lampshade, 2010

The image of the lampshade shows up in the most vivid UFO dream I've ever experienced. It the dream, I saw a glowing orange lampshade in among some trees. Even as I looked at it, I said to myself, "That is NOT a lampshade!" (I wrote about it that dream, and the flurry of synchronicites that followed)

In the New Testament, Jesus talks about a basket over a lamp. The basket is clearly described as a lampshade. (Note: some translations say bowl instead of basket) Here are two passages.

        Matthew 5:14 - 15
        New American Standard Bible


You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lamp-stand, and it gives light to all who are in the house.

        Mark 4:21 - 23
        New International Version


He said to them, “Do you bring in a lamp to put it under a bowl [basket] or a bed? Instead, don’t you put it on its stand? For whatever is hidden is meant to be disclosed, and whatever is concealed is meant to be brought out into the open. If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear."

Now, I am not one to quote this kind of stuff, but it seemed curiously relevant to the conversation Charis and I were having when we heard the loud "tap" from the lampshade. We were talking about fully coming forward with our experiences. Anyway, that's very much the what I see in these bible passages.

Now, the sound really did sound like a moth flying into the the shade (but louder), a perfectly normal sound in the summer when they are flying around in my house at night. But this would have been a really big moth flying kamikaze style into the lampshade to make a noise as loud as we heard. And, this was late September well after the moth season of summer. And most important, there wasn't any moth to be seen. I had a direct view of the lampshade, and I feel strongly I would have noticed it.

Also... The moth and all things mothy has it's place in the paranormal with the Mothman lore from Point Pleasant Ohio and John Keel's book The Mothman Prophesies. I'm not sure where to go with this.

And... I was a guest on Always Record (episode 23, another 3-hour interview) with Alan Abbadessa Green to talk about synchronicities. We got totally sucked into the weirdness of the mysterious specter known only as the lampshade. That's from the show notes written by Alan.
__________________________________________________________

6 comments:

Brizdaz (Darren) said...

Don't forget that the moth is a symbol of transformation,just like the butterfly,but because it is associated with chasing the lunar light
(although sometimes it is fooled by manmade streetlights)
I see it as more of a hidden transformation,or esoteric transformation as opposed to the butterfly's more straight out daylight transformation.

http://brizdazz.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/moth-verses-butterfly-symbolism.html

They both transform from caterpillars,but to me the moth represents the transformation that hides in the dark night of the soul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD_WInXC3O8

Plus moths are one of the owl's main
sources of sustenance.

http://brizdazz.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/the-caterpillar-effect.html

happytobe said...

Seems clear the "tap" was to emphasize "coming forward". I've heard a "snap" in a room following something I've said. The "snap" could be dismissed as a "creaking" of the building, but its not. It happens immediately at the end of what is being emphasized.

Derek said...

Hi Mike,
Your lampshade illustration reminds me very much of a print I have on my bedroom wall:
http://www.elihelman.com/images/forestevening.gif
I purchased it in Vermont last summer while on a camping trip.

Peaceful holidays, please continue the great work!
Derek

Red Pill Junkie said...

I cannot easily dismiss Charis's claims of seeing flashes and sparks, as I have personally experienced similar phenomena.

As an industrial designer, I'm aware of the value of lampshade. Without it, the light of the bulb would be too bright and uncomfortable. Through the shade the light is filtered and becomes 'warmer'. It loses some of its power yes, but it's more comfortable to the user, and it allows the reading of books and thus the attaining of greater insight.

Feliz Navidad, Mike! And Happy Holidays to the Hidden Community :)

Unknown said...

Great article. Thanks for sharing the two passages as well, really inspiring.
-FenchelShades.com

Anonymous said...

https://www.reddit.com/r/HighStrangeness/comments/wkwbm3/the_shining_ones_floating_gold_sparkles_that/