Tuesday, March 9, 2010

lotsa owls in Missouri

14 owls in one photo

28 owls (doubled from above) in one photo

Amazing owl photos from a man named Faren Fite. H claims to have seen around 200 owls in one small area between Greenfield and Lockwood Missouri. And on one corral fence there were more than thirty in a group, and he took photos!

You simply MUST click on these images for a HI-rez view of these Short-Eared owls, they are SO cool!

On September 21st 2009 (the autumn equinox) I asked if anyone out there has seen adult owls in groups of three (or five)? Well this was a sort of answer, along with Stacey's multiple owl story.

I got the link to these owl photos forwarded to me from a guy named Jim, and he was the guy who posted an very curious owl story on the SYNCHRONICITY site, and he's also from Idaho.
_____________________________________________________
Text added March 26th 2010
I received a letter from the photographer giving me the exact location of the owls in those photos. This helps define some weird lines on a map (see the posts above).

5 comments:

Mike Clelland! said...

Mac Tonnies lived in Kansas City Missouri, and these owl photos are from the same state. I just realized that after posting these two side by side.

The location of the owls is less than 150 miles from Kansas City.

Regan Lee said...

I saw this story on, I think, Rense.com a week or so ago and posted about it at Oregon LOWFI. Obviously extremely cool and eerie... and, synchronicity in regards to Mac. Can't help but see this as some signal or sign . . .

Mike Clelland! said...

Okay - I'm writing this four days after this post.

Note my comment above Regan's. That funny little musing was the genesis of potentially the WEIRDEST thing on this blog!

Whew!

Mike Clelland! said...

LINK:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2457&dat=20050211&id=KT80AAAAIBAJ&sjid=8uAIAAAAIBAJ&pg=1750,3299775

A curious news story from 2005. This story features 2000 great gray owls (the REALLY big ones!) in Minnesota.

nonamae said...

How likely is it for them to gather together like that? Are they migrating in a group? Are/were they brought up in captivity? Also, I have some ponderings about a longitude line that you felt was significant between Southfield and Lake Orion. It has to do with time anomalies along lay lines...like the SS Eldridge. I think that's the name. Forgive me if I'm mistaken. But you get the idea, right?