Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Mac Tonnies' book is on the shelves


Mac Tonnies' book, The Cryptoterrestrials is now available. I got to read an advanced copy, and I feel strongly saying that this is a very important addition to the literatrure on the UFO phenomenon. The world is a lesser place without Mac's brilliant mind and gentle voice.

Forward by Nick Redfern, afterword by Greg Bishop and illustrations by me.

From Anomalist books.


And please, I encourage everybody to dig thru Mac's blog. It is still on-line, and it's astoundingly fun. The image above is a masthead idea for Mac's blog. I wanted to use hand lettering, and Mac seemed to like the simple idea. It was a work in progress, and I never followed up on this as a drawing.

2 comments:

Quanta said...

I love the cover - I must get the book. Thanks for the news! I have a gift card to Amazon that I've had a hard time spending, but you just made my choice a bit easier (at least part of the card). The cover pic is enchanting....

And the post underneath - all those owls - AMAZING. Wow. I'll have to think on that one, meditate before sleeping, or whatever. See what comes to me about it. I'd never have imagined such a sight, though there was an old abandoned farmstead in Kansas I'd visit occasionally, and every time I went there a few owls would swoop over me, as though reminding me that I was on their turf....but not in a mean way.

Still gotta find my short story about Rosemary and her owls!

Stace

Mike Clelland! said...

As far as owls protecting their turf, it is not uncommon to have an owl swoop down (quite aggressively) if you get too close to their nest. Plenty of people have needed stitches on their heads from such owl attacks (those talons are SHARP!)

And YES - Get Mac's book. I simply cannot recommend it highly enough.