Tuesday, March 22, 2011

audio reading of LUMINOSITY essay

Super moon from Saturday night, March 19th

This morning I read a blog posting from Dan Mitchell at LUMINOSITY. The events shared in that post absolutly amazed me. As I was reading, I felt totally compelled to record it as an audio essay. So I did.
_________________________________________
One-click download HERE.
27 minutes long

The essay is titled Approaching the Post Human Self, and it describes his first-person experiences the night of the super moon. I created my own post this morning (BELOW) as a shout-out.


QUESTION:
I can link the audio-files two ways. One way is with the BLUE text hyperlink (above) and the other way with this little "player" (below). Any thoughts? Please lemme know.







6 comments:

Brizdaz said...

Very nice recitation,Mike.

BTW,I saw the movie "Limitless" today and I highly recommend it.
Go see it at the cinema,if you can.
I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Cheers / Daz

P.S. RPJ,if you're reading this,I noticed "Limitless" was filmed part in New York,and part in Mexico,when I was reading the credits.
I know you're a Matrix fan,apart from the fact that your avatar is "Red Pill Junkie",but maybe after seeing this,you might change it to NZTJ (it's the name given to the drug,not a New Zealand Tea blend.-)

Dan Mitchell said...

Thank you, Mike. I appreciate you taking the time to put this on audio. I'm glad that the post resonated with your feelings on the phenomenon and the highly personal nature of this craziness in general.

Dan

mikesprattle said...

Hi, I came across your blog in researching owl synchronicities that have been happening to me. I posted my story here:

http://mikesprattle.wordpress.com/2011/03/23/owls/

If you're interested in "comparing notes" let me know. To say these things are the oddest events that have ever happened to me would be an understatement. Mike

James BraveWolf said...

Profound stuff, Mike and Dan. Thank you for sharing this, Dan. I am still absorbing it all. Something in your experience speaks to me in ways I am not full cognizant of. But I know it has real value.

Red Pill Junkie said...

Ho..ly S&%T!!

The already potent post of Dan was increased by your recitation, Mike. Interesting how you felt the need to "add your voice" to it.

I must confess that it made me think of the Gospel of John: "In the beginning was the Word..."

I guess it all hearkens back to the age-old idea that we are all God, which is completely meaningless and sounds stupid UNLESS you experience it through illumination.

PS: (@ Briz) I didn't know that movie had been filmed in Mexico. Guess I'll have to check it out... if I ever get the chance, that is ;)

Frank Hale said...

Mike, I really enjoyed listening to this essay. As soon as I started listening I was gripped until the end. You did a great job reading it and I could feel the emotion of it in your voice. Thanks so much for another great podcast.